- How many graduates does MTR recruit each year? The number of intake for each year varies according to our business needs and the candidates¡¦ fit to our requirements.
- Can I apply for more than one programme? If you are interested in more than one programme, please indicate your order of preference in your application. Your application will be processed according to the priority of preference you have indicated.
- What is the difference between graduate trainee programme and other professional expertise programmes? If you have a particular interest in pursuing a general management path in your career development and are prepared to be assigned to work in different business functions and locations, with high mobility to work in Mainland China / overseas, you may consider applying Graduate Trainee (GT) programme. If you have strong interest in a particular business function, would like to focus more on your professional development, and are prepared to work in any departments of the respective function to gain in-depth functional knowledge and experience, you may consider applying the functional programmes under the professional expertise stream.
- Do I need to hold a relevant degree when I apply for the
graduate trainee or other professional expertise programmes?
For graduate trainee, human resources associate, property associate,
corporate affairs associate and inventory & materials management
associate programmes, we have no specific requirement on the subject
of the degree.
For property associate programme, you should be a graduate in Business
Administration / Housing Management or equivalent, or with a technical
background in Structural Engineering / E&M Engineering / Architectural
Studies / Building Services Engineering / Surveying / Town Planning.
For graduate engineer programme, as it is a HKIE accredited Scheme
'A' Training programme leading to the gaining of Chartership, the
accreditation is offered for the following disciplines:
- Building Services
- Control Automation & Instrumentation
- I am currently studying overseas, can I still apply?
Yes, you may apply but please take note of the recruitment schedule
of the programme.
Alternate arrangement like online interview may be arranged for candidates who are studying aboard and unable to attend interview. For later stage of assessment, overseas candidates may be invited to attend written exercise, group exercise or assessment centre in Hong Kong at one¡¦s own expense.
- Can I submit my application through email or other channels? To ensure fairness and consistency in selection and screening (collection of same set of information from all applicants), all applications must be submitted online via here on or before 31 Oct 2017.
- How long will it take after I submit my application to receive
We consider your application carefully in light of your stated preference
and the job requirements. While assessment details may vary for different
programmes, shortlisted candidates may normally be invited to complete
online assessment / interview by email in around 4-8 weeks. Please
check your inbox periodically for assessment invitation with subject
regarding ¡§MTR Graduate Recruitment¡¨ and review your email account
settings to ensure these email messages will not be blocked automatically.
If you have any questions regarding the arrangement, please contact
us via firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the reference no. (¡§H17067¡¨ for
Graduate Recruitment 2018), as well as the programme applied in the
- When do the graduate development programmes commence? The programmes usually commence in July. Some programmes may take on candidates earlier depending on business needs and availability of candidate. You will be notified of the details once we have offered you a place.
- Do I have a choice in choosing our rotations / attachment? Customized development will be provided taking into consideration programme requirements, business needs, individuals' aspiration and development needs.
- What support will I receive in the programme? You will have intensive induction programmes and rotations or attachment to different business units or departments of the respective units to gain in-depth knowledge and experience. You will also receive on-the-job development and support, through a buddy, mentor or networks. An integrated management training and development programme will be provided for trainees including Corporate Familiarization programme, competency-based management training (e.g. leadership/business management, people management, project management and personal effectiveness), Outward Bound training, Study trip, Action Learning Projects, Community Project, Corporate event, etc.