Terms and Conditions
- From 18 June to 17 December 2017, passengers using Octopus for traveling
on the MTR (including journeys to/from Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations)
can enjoy a 3% rebate automatically for every fare-paying trip made.
This offer also applies to Light Rail and MTR Bus in the Northwest New
- Fare-paying trip is defined as a trip with fare deduction at MTR,
Light Rail and MTR Bus fare collection system. This trip will be treated
as an eligible trip. The charge for entry and exit at the same MTR station
which consist of the current minimum adult or concessionary Octopus
fare, and that portion of fee will also be applicable to 3% rebate.
If a passenger travels on Light Rail, an eligible trip must be completed
within 120 minutes and must contain both entry and exit records on the
- The following trips will not be treated as eligible trip and do not
qualify for the 3% rebate:
- First Class Premium on East Rail Line, Airport Express and MTR Feeder Bus;
- If the actual fare paid after a rebate at the Light Rail Exit Processor is $0;
- Those trips made by Monthly Pass Extra users travelling via the designated stations or on the free transport modes as defined by the respective Monthly Pass Extras;
- For any connecting journey make beyond the designated stations of Monthly Pass Extra with no fare deduction after applying other offers.
- The 3% rebate will be given automatically on the Octopus upon the
fare deduction of the eligible trip. The rebate is rounded up to the
next 10 cents.
- This offer can be used in conjunction with other fare promotions.
Rebates are calculated separately (please refer to example 1).
- Monthly Pass Extra users can enjoy 25% discount on the fare of any
connecting journey they make beyond the designated stations of the respective
Monthly Pass Extras as well as the 3% rebate for an eligible trip. The
3% rebate is based on the discounted fare of the connecting journey
after the 25% reduction is applied (please refer to example 2).
- Interchange journeys at Tsim Sha Tsui Station/East Tsim Sha Tsui
Station within 30 minutes are charged as a single journey fare, as usual.
However, they will be treated as two separate eligible trips for this
promotion. The 3% rebate applies to the standalone fare of the individual
trip (please refer to example 3).
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance shall not apply
to the terms and conditions herein.
- The offer is bound by MTR By-law, Conditions of Issue of Tickets and
Conditions of Issue of Octopus.
- The MTR Corporation Limited reserves the right to make the final
decision in the event of any dispute.
MTR Hotline: 2881 8888