Terms and Conditions
- The promotion period of the "Early Bird Discount Promotion" covers
all weekdays (excluding public holidays) from 1 June 2017 to 31 May
- Passengers who exit the MTR gate between 7:15 and 8:15 a.m. using
their Adult Octopus at any of the designated stations will enjoy an
automatic 25% discount. For connecting journeys using the Monthly
Pass Extra, the 25% Early Bird Discount will be applied to the fare
after the deduction of the 25% discount for the connecting journey.
The discount is rounded up to the next 10 cents.
- The designated stations are:
East Rail Line: Stations between Hung Hom and Kowloon Tong
Island Line: Stations between Sheung Wan and Tai Koo
Kwun Tong Line: Stations between Whampoa and Kowloon Tong
South Island Line : Stations between Admiralty and South Horizons
Tsuen Wan Line: Stations between Central and Mei Foo
Tung Chung Line: Stations between Hong Kong and Nam Cheong
West Rail Line: Stations between Hung Hom and Mei Foo
- The discount is not applicable to the First Class Premium of the
East Rail Line or journeys with an identical entry and exit station.
- The Interchange Discount, the Fare Saver Discount, the 3% Rebate
for Every Journey offer (with promotion period from 18 June 2017 to
17 December 2017) and the 25% discount for connecting journeys with
the Monthly Pass Extra also apply to journeys with the Early Bird
Discount, where the total discount amount shall not be higher than
the rail fare deducted.
- Interchange journeys at Tsim Sha Tsui Station / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Station within 30 minutes are charged as a single journey fare, as
usual. However, they will be treated as two individual trips for this
- Exit times shall be determined by the MTR computer system clock
- Journeys on which passengers can enjoy the Early Bird Discount will
be shown at the exit gates at designated stations.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance shall not apply
to the terms and conditions herein.
- MTR Corporation Limited reserves the right to make the final decision
in the event of any dispute.
MTR Hotline: 2881 8888