Scope of Works
The Project comprises:
Stabling Sidings at Hung Hom Freight Yard
- Construction of a train stabling sidings under the existing deck of Hung Hom Station (HUH);
- Construction of a fan area to the north of the train stabling sidings;
- Construction of tracks to the north and south of the stabling sidings to enable manoeuvring of trains to and from the stabling to the SCL – Tai Wai to Hung Hom Section (TAW-HUH) alignment;
- Construction of noise mitigation over the fan area and near the shunt neck.
Hung Hom Station (HUH) Modification
- Construction of underground platforms;
- Modification work of HUH podium;
- Construction of plant rooms underneath HUH podium;
- Construction of ventilation shafts/plant and CLP transformer plant;
- Others such as utility diversion.
Kai Tak Station (KAT)
- Construction of KAT and associated tunnels;
- Construction of underground refuge sidings of about 300m in length as part of the KAT construction.
Diamond Hill Station (DIH)
- Construction of the interchange station with existing Kwun Tong Line at Diamond Hill;
- Site formation to connect station to adjacent existing ground;
- Construction of SCL (TAW-HUH) tunnel section approaching to DIH to suit the DIH location without stabling sidings at Diamond Hill (DHS);
- Others such as utility diversion in Diamond Hill CDA site arising from the deletion of DHS.