Graduate Development Programmes
Functional Professional Expertise – Railway Officer Trainee (ROT) Programme
The Railway Officer Trainee (ROT) Programme provides programme participants with a structured classroom and on-the-job training covering skills and knowledge in relation to railway operations. Participants will attach different frontline positions to gain experience in station / train services / Operations Control Centre to deliver excellent customer services to the community. Under the guidance of experienced supervisors and managers, participants will obtain comprehensive knowledge of railway operations through a fast-track approach by active participation in development activities and project-based assignments.
We are looking for:
Recent graduates from all disciplines who possess the following qualities:
- strong leadership and communication skills
- keen interests in railway operations
- dedication to delivering quality customer service
- self-motivated with a positive attitude
- able to work under pressure and commit to shift duty
- proficiency in various programming languages and knowledge of latest technological developments such as:
- - Data Science;
- - Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology;
- - Digitalisation transformation;
- - Application of Internet of Things or 5G mobile technology;
- - Application of Big Data for optimisation or predictive improvements, etc.
Those with exposure to an operational, transport and/or customer service environment will have an advantage.